28 April 2006

Genesis

OK, here we go.

Of course i have heard of blogging and of course i had blogs and of course they ended after the third post. So what is different ?

I think that the difference is that now i would like to write about the topic that is my first love, my present time consumer and my future bread maker. Biology. If i have one advantage over a lot of people in my age group, it is the fact that i knew what i want to do with my life since about the age of five. It started with the chocolate bars that had animal stickers in them. Well, i used to throw away the chocolate. It continued with gathering water samples from puddles instead of splashing in them, bringing home lizards and insect, reading Brehm's Tierleben instead of Spiderman (well, in addition to...), watching the World of Survival every afternoon and wanting to become David Attenborough when i'm big.

It may sound nerdy to you, but i actually did not let go and proceeded to take biology as a major in high-school (together with computers) and am now at the end of my undergrad degree at Hebrew U in Jerusalem, majoring in biology and environmental sciences. I am in my last semester and are planning to continue next year into the graduate degree. During the years, my focus in biology has gotten smaller (molecular) and my love for the subject bigger. As someone smarter once wrote: "There is grandeur in this view of life"...

Here i am planning to write mainly about biology. Interesting stuff that i get exposed to in the course of my studies and my research, things i read on the net, new research and articles i stumble upon and interesting debates i read about on scientific blogs. There will be some personal stuff as well (only a little) and here and there computer/gadget/Internet related stuff.

Hope i will enjoy and persist in writing...

No comments: